NTP is no longer supported by RHEL 8/ CentOS 8. Chrony would be an alternative to be used with SignServer.
Note: This ticket describes the solution where we will add support for Chrony as an alternative to ntpq/ntpdate. There is an other possible solution DSS-825, where we instead implement our own NTP query functionality.
Tasks in this ticket:
- Add configuration option to timemonitor.properties to use either ntp-tools (default/legacy) or to use chrony
- Add execution and parsing logic for chrony's commands
- Add unit tests etc for the commands
- Re-test leap-second handling tests
- Update documentation (including TimeMonitor Manual)