Currently, the final step of the certificate enrollment is to click an "Enroll" button and get a message dialog from the browser saying that your personal certificate has been stored.
For better usability we should add a "result page" that shows some useful information (e.g. "Your certificate has been sent to your browser, here's your Subject DN, Issuer DN and serial number").
The flow of events would be:
1) User clicks Enroll button
2) EJBCA generates a certificates and stores it in the database.
3) A web page with information is sent to the user's browser
4) The web page redirects to the "Fetch latest certifcate" URL for the given certificate, which is extended with a new parameter to send a MIME type that causes the browser to install the certificate instead of downloading it
5) The certificate is sent to the browser in the HTTP response. This causes it to install it and show a message box, and does NOT to replace the page currently displayed (i.e. the "result page")