When editing an uninitialised and externally signed sub-CA (that has been imported via statedump), the "Save and Initialize" button is disabled, and it is not possible to continue with sub-CA initialisation.
1. Import a statedump that includes externally-signed sub-CA.
2. Generate the necessary keys in the sub-CA's crypto token.
3. Open EJBCA administrator web pages.
4. Open page 'CA Functions' -> Certificate Authorities.
5. Select (uninitialised) sub-CA from the list, and click on the 'Edit CA' button.
6. Click on the 'Save and initialize button'.
1. It's possible to click on the 'Save and initialize' button.
2. The sub-CA is now in the 'Waiting for certificate' state (iirc the name).
1. The 'Save and initialize' button is disabled, and therefore it is not possible to click on it.
Samuel had a look at the code already, and it seems to be an issue with commit 19264 which updated the function isExternalGeneric() JS function. Particularly, the problem seems to lie within removal of two 'if(!isUninitialized)' checks.