We currently have the StateDump tool which can perform export and import of configurations, via an XML medium.
Our customer requires a tool which can:
- Export an entire EJBCA installation (not counting certificates or end entities) to a human-readable format, preferably YAML
- When converting to human-readability, the future option to perform a re-import should be retained, i.e. no information lost. This may require either saving the non-human-readable data in an intermediary format, or embedding encoding information as comments in the YAML
- The contents of this dump should be possible to version control, i.e. the difference between two dumps of the same object should only be the delta of the saved data.
- All objects must be dumped into separate files and sorted by directory
- Additional granularity added to the CLI in order to allow subsets of values to be imported/exported
- This export should be run entirely from the CLI, i.e. have no links to the UI
Human readable in this context implies:
- All data structures rolled out in a human readable format
- No use of UIDs to reference objects, but rather human readable names
Primary PrimeKey Requirements
- This is an enterprise feature only
- This feature must be ready for deployment before the end of Q1
- Failing well in case if encountering unknown (newer) values
- Version handling