Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: EJBCA 6.14.0
Issue discovered during:Review
Sprint:EJBCA Sprint 14, EJBCA Sprint 15
Ensure that all new RA API methods conform to the RA API guidelines (see "RA Master API conventions" in Confluence)
- Avoid WS-specific methods.
- Methods should check both locally and remotely.
- Follow current name convention (someCaExample rather than some CAExample)
- Javadoc should contain version numbers.
- Methods should check version of peer before invoking methods that where added after the original version of the API.
- Try to call local before remote, if possible (and if it does not change behavior of released versions)
For "WS" methods:
- Check if the method is suitable for non-WS use. Some WS methods have quirks that we need to continue supporting.
- If not, check if the WS-specific quirks can be moved to EjbcaWS, instead of being in RaMasterApiSessionBean
- If any of the above is true, drop the -WS prefix.
Note: Methods from already released EJBCA versions must not be renamed or modified.