Type: New Feature
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: EJBCA 7.1.0
Sprint:EJBCA Team Alice - 2019 w10, EJBCA Team Alice - 2019 w13
Extract interfaces from current CA and X509CA classes. Create separate implementations of the interfaces, one full X509CA implementation and a limited implementation only containing functionality required for RA and VA builds. Keep common functionality in a higher level interface and corresponding implementation (used for both X509CA implementations) in an abstract class, implementing the common interface.
Possible to only include certain functionality of X509CA for RA / VA builds.
- RA / VA specific builds can deploy without full X509CA implementations.
- CA certs can be imported to the RA / VA, creating an external CA.
- All functionality required for an external RA and VA to operate must remain even without the full X509CA implementation.
- Specific RA / VA installations cannot create local CAs, generate certificates or perform any other CA specific operations.
- Deployment and installation procedure must remain the same for all kind of builds.
- Upgrading from a previous full installation to a RA or VA specific build must be possible.