When adding a new end-entity with a GUID in SAN field, the form break with stacktrace, if the GUID is input with dash '-'.
It's compliance with standard that the GUID is encoded only with octet according to ASN.1.
But, this GUID must be displayed with dash '-', cf. RFC 4122 (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4122).
In short example:
- it’s KO: 3368702f-0500-4101-8e8e-9ae81a7ae79f
- it’s OK: 3368702f050041018e8e9ae81a7ae79f
My proposal to fix.
In input field:
- accept GUID with dash [and remove these dashes to encoding it into SAN]
- accept GUID without dash, for back-compatibility
In output field (e.g. when read from database to display it):
- write GUID (e.g. onto screen) with dash